Sunday, July 02, 2006


Katie Takes Corporate America...



Friday, Katie and I went to tour her mom's new digs at her new office. Needless to say, it was quite the adventure. Between all the ewwing and ahhing that all the women gave, Katie managed to become a world-class sprinter between pods (modern day ofice cubicles/human gerbile carriers) and was able to let out multiple screams and loud noises that kept both mom and dad ducking for cover while trying to clamp a hand over her mouth. I think more than one person made the comment how the company is getting younger and younger people to do the work there (only at the sweat shops!) :)

It was pretty fun. That place needed a jolt that only a 16 month old can bring and besides, it was a Friday before a big holiday, so as if anyone was working anyway....

Katie was able to impress the ladies by taking silk flowers and bringing them back and forth to each of the women. And where was dad in all this? I think I was somewhere between awkwardly holding the diaper bag in the background and anxiously looking around to see if any VP stuff white collar types would come by and ruin the party. Hey, the reality right now is that mom's job bring home the bacon. My job is to raise the kid and not rock the boat.

Saturday we went down to my dad's for his birthday. Katie seems to be a little overwhelmed by the dogs (all four of them) but always seems to enjoy herself stalking the cats (who always end up under the bed). All in all, many relatives got a chance to see her and to spend time with her, which is a nice break for her mom and I. Hey, we love our daughter but whenever we can get a chance to breath and be ourselves for just a moment, we take it. Gotta stay somewhat human, I suppose.

I still can't believe it's been three weeks now. Tomorrow we're off to the pool during the morning. Not quite sure what the plans for the 4th are going to be. Hopefully I'll remember to bring the camera for some new shots!