Friday, July 07, 2006

Children's Museum of Winston-Salem

Our friends have been telling us about this place for quite a while now and Katie and I had the opportunity to go yesterday, thanks largely in part to our friends Karen and Sara. Sara runs a rather large stay at home mom group here in Winston Salem and Karen is a Super-Mom that is always kind enough to drop little tidbits of info like when you can get into a place at a discount. <:D

So Katie and I went there (twice actually) yesterday. Words cannot really describe it other than it's the perfect place for kids as young as babies that haven't learned to walk yet up through probably most of middle school. What's really great is that it allows the child the freedom to be able to roam around and explore without real restrictions (I mean, you can't just let them go running through there screaming their head off, destroying everything in site but it does allow for a lot of ineraction with their surroundings). It has everything from the 3 little pigs house to a room dedicated to the alphabet, with large animals as examples for each letter. Katie was particularly fond of the lions (L for lions!).

Sadly, I did not have my camera with me but I am well convinced that it is worth the $95 to get the year long membership to go and let Katie be a kid while hopefully allowing her to learn a few things along the way. Mucho imresso!!