Tuesday, August 01, 2006

GROUNDED FOR A WEEK

Sorry for any delays on the blog. I was in St. Louis for almost a week, checking out the corporate HQ for a company I'm working with now. ... Not work FOR but with. More on that in a later time.

Katie has been taking swimming lessons at the YMCA and I've been there the whole time. Again, I stand out like a sore thumb being the only dad in the group but I am able to share in these times and will be able to look back at the first moments that she was able to enjoy the water. The good news is that my daughter is a fish! She loves the water and I'm proud to report that she has even been dunked a few times without complaint (other than a sputter or two). Right now she's sleeping off the busy morning. We have been looking at a few places that she might be able to spend half-days at just for the social interaction. There are a few churches in the area that seem to work. I feel it's important for her to be able to have that social interaction while still being able to have a base at home. We'll have to let you know where we decide to put her. Hopefully the article will be coming out soon. I haven't heard back from the newspaper but am hopeful it should be any week now.