Friday, August 18, 2006

MILESTONE..........


I just wanted to take the quick acknowledgment that my daughter turned 18 months old today! I am so freakin happy!! We didn’t do anything terribly exciting but I was able to go to the grocery store with her without a buggy and hold her hand the entire time while we picked up some things we needed. She was really good. All the cashiers of course thought she was “so cute”. Hey, one great thing to do to really win points with your daughter is to take her to the grocery store where they have a million “bal – short for balloon – that’s all she says of it but I know what she’s talking about” and promise her one if she’s good. Then go the front and as you check out, have them prepare one for her. I kept it tied to the back seat and she just kept pointing at it the entire way home.

Funny story though about the “bal”. We have a foyer in the front of the house that’s 2 stories. The “bal” got lose and of course floated to the ceiling, leaving Katie in a very unhappy place. So “super dad” at first tried using a broom to swat the string in hopes of moving the balloon over. Fat chance. What I ended up having to do is to take a balled up roll of duct tape and throw it up to hit the ballon, knocking it over to the edge of the 2nd story where I could grab it. Fortunately this was both highly entertaining for my daughter and quite effective after I got my aim down. See? The problem solving skills are still in full effect.